Thursday, August 28, 2008

Baking Up A Fuego!

I don't know what came over me this weekend, but I was baking like crazy! I started off by wanting to make just plain chocolate cupcakes(a special request by my little one) but then all these new cupcake flavor ideas started popping into my head and I thought to myself, who am I to deny them their exsistence. So the baking began!




This cupcake was inspired by the Choco Taco dessert bar

Choco Taco



This is a chocolate cupcake dipped in a chocolate ganache that has been infused with salted peanuts, then I crushed sugar cones and sprinkled them on top of the ganache to mimic the taco shell, a swirl of vanilla buttercream then a fudge drizzle . My oldest loved it, and said it tasted just like the ice cream bar, without the brain freeze....brrrr!


Latin Elvis
This cupcake is inspired by "The King's" favorite sandiwich but with a Latin twist. A rich banana cake filled with a creamy dulce de leche filling, topped with a smooth peanut butter butter cream, topped with a dulce de leche swirl, a fresh banana chip and a sprinkle of salted peanuts.



This cupcake was pure delicioso! It covered so many yummy bases, sweet, salty, creamy, crunchy!mmmm.....


As the ideas came, I kept my pretty pink Kitcheaid spinning and my cupcake pans full.


I wanted to make a banana split cupcake but I wanted to add a different touch, so I came up with a Nuevo Banana Split


this is a banana cake topped with strawberry buttercream that is infused with real chunks of strawberries, over the buttercream is a sprinkle of sweet coconut and walnuts, then the cupcake is drizzled with warm dulce de leche and a rich chocolate drizzle and a plump maraschino cherry.







No comments:

01 09 10