Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Dos Parties! Don't Cry Over Spilt Helado Milkshakes

Dos Parties,? .....dos is the Spanish word for 2 and of course you all know what the word parties mean. Anyway, no I am not planning a fiesta any time soon. "Dos Parties" is what my teenage daughter said in her awkward ( I am learning Spanish only because it is part of my college prep curriculum, not because I am all things en Espanol, Enrique Iglesias, Ricky Martin loving maniac like my mama!) accent. 

No complaints here though, she has pulled nothing but straight A's in Spanish class since Freshman year! I'm a proud mama, if you can't already tell! hehehe...'What she really wanted to say was " Dos Partes" ( par-tay-s )which in English translates to " 2 Parts" and for her these spilt ice cream milkshakes were the second part to a dessert that I had recently made.  These fiesta ready Don't Cry Over Spilt Helado Cupcakes, actually they are the same but different.


The milkshake is a blend of Breyer's Strawberry Waffle Cone Ice Cream leftover from my Mexican Strawberry Fried Ice Cream , infused with dulce de leche. Then filled to the rim with creamy ice cream drizzled with sweet dulce de leche and rich chocolate sauce.  The ice cream cone is filled with marshmallow fluff to resemble spilt ice cream and a handful of  fiesta sprinkles ( this is what I love to call colorful sprinkles, cause they make me wanna party!)


My chicas actually decided that they wanted to crush the sugar cones up and mix them into the milkshakes, it was actually very yummy! Anyway in honor of my Spanish speaking chica this milkshake is affectionately dubbed the " Dos Parties Milkshake" or if she becomes too embarrassed by this post and forces me to change the name it can also be called

Don't Cry Over Spilt Helado Milkshake ♥




Ingredients

4 cups Breyer's Strawberry Waffle Cone Ice Cream or your desired flavor
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
8 tablespoons sugar
2 cups milk, less for thicker milkshakes

1 cup of fresh strawberries
2 sugar cones
dulce de leche or caramel
chocolate syrup
1 jar of marshmallow fluff
fiesta sprinkles or even nuts or chocolate chips would be yummy!


Directions
 
Using a blender, blend all ingredients together including 2 tbsp of ducle and except for your

sugar cones, until smooth. Pour into a mason jar or tall glass, drizzle with chocolate sauce a

and dulce de leche. Fill the sugar cone with a tablespoon of marshmallow fluff, a little

more if you really love the stuff! Place the marshmallow filled cone on top of the glass,

shower with fiesta sprinkles plump strawberries don't forget the straw and Enjoy, Disfrutalo!


 








'

No comments:

01 09 10